Pages


If this is your first visit and you're a little confused, check out this post.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sesame Chicken (Recipe #56)

I did not think this recipe even remotely resembled what you'd find at an Asian resaturant. The ketchup was too overpowering, and it had a weird aftertaste. Using less vinegar and ketchup would yield something I would clasify as "Honey Chicken" and might actually be good. I guess the hunt is still on for the perfect Copy-Cat sesame chicken...

Sesame Chicken
(Source: Unknown)
1 1/2 to 2 pounds frozen popcorn chicken (I used chicken breasts coated in panko)
6 Tbsp Honey
4 Tbsp Sugar
Salt (to taste)
4 Tbsp Ketchup
1-2 Tbsp distilled vinegar
a sprinkle of black pepper
diced green onions, optional
sesame seeds, optional


1. Deep Fry your popcorn chicken and drain on a plate line with a paper towel. (I fried my panko chicken in a pot on the stove)

2. In a wok or saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and warm over medium hear. Bring to a boil while stirring and simmer until sauce slightly thickens.

3. In the wok or in a serving dish, coat the chicken with the sauce. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with green onions amd sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment