49. Thoroughly research something I know nothing about.
I've been out of school for a while, so I thought it would be fun to teach myself about something that I'm interested in learning about. I haven't decided what it will be yet, but I am looking forward to this item.
50. Learn to identify 10 constellations.
Astronomy has always interested me, and I can pick out a few constellations already (the Big Dipper and Orion) but I would love to be able to identify more. I have already found a book I want to check out that will be a big help.
51. Relearn German.
I was pretty much fluent in German in high school. Herr Kauls was really tough; he would make us do conjugation drills and memorize & perform long dialogues and create 10 minute videos about whatever we were learning at the time. But his methods (of madness) worked because, 10 years later, I can still remember random phrases and words. I regret quitting when I did (if he hadn't retired I probably wouldn't have) and I would love to relearn enough German to be able to hold a basic conversation.
52. Learn basic French.
France and the French language has always been an interest of mine. Ideally I would like to learn some basic words and phrases by the time we go to Paris this fall, but now that it is spring I'd rather be outside than studying French. We'll have to see if I can buckle down between now and then, but I'm not holding my breath.
53. Read the newspaper every weekend.
We get the paper delivered every weekend, and I always used to only read the comics, look at the ads, and do the puzzles. But I decided that was not the point of paying for the newspaper, so I have been trying to make an effort to actually read the news articles. (Side note: we stopped getting the paper delivered for a couple months this winter, so I will end up coming short of this goal at the end of the 1001 days. But I've decided that doesn't really matter because I've read the paper every weekend that we actually had it.)
54. Take a photography course.
I'm very interested in photography but haven't really learned how to use my camera or taken any classes (except for the one I took in high school, but the focus was mainly on learning to develop film). I would love to take a class and not only learn how to use the various setting on my camera, but maybe learn some neat picture-taking techniques.
55. Watch 10 documentaries.
Whether it be about nature or history or something else entirely, I like watching documentaries. I find them both educational and fascinating.
No comments:
Post a Comment