
Back at the beginning of June, I started a new workout program. I decided I wanted to learn how to lift weights, so I bought “The New Rules of Lifting for Women.” The book starts out talking about how to train, then discusses eating/dietary information, and ends with a very detailed workout routine with detailed explanations of all of the exercises. The book has really given me a better understanding of how to lift weights and the types of exercises to do, and I would recommend it to any woman who wants to start weightlifting, but doesn't quite know where to start.
Stage 1 completed July 26, 2009
Stage 2 completed August 21, 2009
Stage 3 completed September 24, 2009
Stage 4 completed October 24, 2009
Stage 5 completed December 5, 2009
Stage 6 completed January 13, 2010
Stage 7 completed January 31, 2010
I'm not sure what to do with myself now that I have completed this entire workout program. I know I want to continue lifting weights, I'm just not sure if I want to repeat this program or find a new one. I don't feel comfortable enough creating one myself. I feel much more confident following a routine made by a professional.
I wish I could say I notice a huge difference after weight lifting for 8 months, but I honestly can't and that's a little disappointing. I was hoping I would look leaner and more toned, but I don't feel that I do. Don't get me wrong - I am so proud of myself and I feel so much stronger, I just don't have the overall toned look I was hoping for. Though, I'm sure if I had a picture of myself eight months ago before I started and compared it to how I look now there would be a noticeable difference.
Besides continuing with my weightlifting, my new year's resolution (and I use that term loosely, because I really don't consider myself the type of person who makes those resolutions) this year is to work on my flexibility. I swear I am one of the most inflexible people and my goal is to make some progress over the course of 2010. I don't expect to be able to do the splits by the end of 2010 because, let's face it, that's not very realistic. My goal is to stretch every day (or almost everyday) and, in the process, become a little more flexible than I am now. I have been going strong in January (I probably only missed a day or two) and I can tell there has already been some improvement. I can touch my toes (albeit, slightly uncomfortably) sitting with my legs in front of me and bending down from a standing position.
Here's to another year of new challenges!
No comments:
Post a Comment